February 28, 2013

Madd Style Cosmetics: Smitten with my Doctor Who mattes Tutorial

Hey everyone! :)  It's been a bit of a hectic (but fun!) month for me - lots and lots of celebrating. Between Valentine's Day, my birthday and anniversary.. I haven't been around too much, but I hope you don't mind me squeezing in a pretty girly look for our last day of February! :)

Here's what I used to create this look:


Pictured:
Top left: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
& Tick:Tock Cosmetics Infinity Eye Shadow Base in 'Milky Way'
Bottom left: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in 'Perversion'
& theBalm 'What's Your Type?' mascara in 'the body builder'
Top &middle right: MSC eyeshadow pigments in: "Smitten" Potion, Birf'day Suit, 
I think you call me Sexy, Hallucinogenic Lipstick, &Bow Ties are cool
Bottom right: bdellium tools green bambu brushes #716, #777 & #781

Start off by applying your eye shadow primer and eye shadow base. I like to focus my eye shadow base on my eyelid and gently blend it out and up to my brow.

Next up, grab 'I think you call me Sexy' and apply this to the inner corner of your eyelid until about mid lid and then bring this color up lightly above your crease.

Then, lightly add in some 'Hallucinogenic Lipstick' focusing on the center of your lid (try keeping this below where you placed 'I think you call me Sexy' above your crease).

A little goes a long way with 'Bow Ties are cool,' so when applying to the outermost portion of your lid, you may want to use a small amount and build this color up little by little :)

Go back in and make sure you do a little bit of blending with your colors. To brighten up the inner corner/duct, apply '"Smitten" Potion' to give a bit of a glow.

After playing with '"Smitten" Potion' a bit, I decided I wanted more sparkle. ;)
I first went in with 'Birf'day Suit' to blend out/soften the area above my crease to just below the brow, and then took a tiny bit of '"Smitten" Potion' and sort of 'dusted' right along the area above my crease.

Last but not least.. Apply your eyeliner and mascara and you're all done!.. (unless you're like me and fell in love with '"Smitten" Potion' so much you had to add it to your bottom lash line, too... hehe) ;)


Thanks for looking! &I hope you all enjoyed! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment