March 12, 2012

Too Faced Haul &Swatches!

Since my last post, I have been on somewhat of a "mission" to do more research on companies and whether or not they are cruelty free before ultimately deciding to purchase from them. I came upon Too Faced during their "Vintage Sale" (I had heard of them before, and have seen their products frequently - but had never made a purchase!) and quickly learned they are a cruelty free company. I decided to make my first purchase (finally) because they had so many good deals. I purchased on 03/05/12 and just received my order today 03/12/12 (pretty impressive for such a large sale!) and am happy to say I am not disappointed in the least, but rather wish I had grabbed a few more duos. Now onto the haul and swatch photos!

Everything came in a cute pink box with "Too Faced Cosmetics" printed on it, and was appropriately sized for my order! (often times when I order cosmetics, they come in super sized boxes!?)

It didn't stop there, either, I was even more impressed upon opening this cute little box:
It included a coupon for 20% off my next order, just for shopping their sale. Coupon is good through March, excludes sale merchandise, and is a one time use per customer. ;) also, not seen in this photograph, I received a sample of their new "Beauty Balm" and am slightly disappointed it is not in a shade suitable for my skin tone :(

Here is a better look at the contents/packaging:

In my order: the Everyday Amazing Eyes set (full size Shadow Insurance, Lava Gloss matte eyeliner in black, and eye shadow duo in Sexpresso & Peach Fuzz), Rich Bitch eye shadow duo, Lucky Charms eye shadow duo, Skinny Dip eye shadow duo, Beauty Mark eye shadow duo, and Erotica & Silk Teddy eye shadow duo.

I did some swatches of the eye shadow duos before the sun went down, all are highly pigmented and easy to work with. The following photos showcase each duo - the top left is the duo swatched over a NYX JEP in Milk, bottom left is the bottom of the eye shadow duo container with the name of each, and the right is a close up photo of each duo in the container. NONE of these photos were altered in any way, aside from cropping to fit into a collage. All photos were taken by myself (using my Canon PowerShot SX210 IS).








Overall I am extremely satisfied with my purchase, and with Too Faced Cosmetics! My favorite duo is definitely "Skinny Dip" - it appears to be a true blue duo, but actually has a pink undertone to it (you may be able to see a bit of the pink shimmer in the swatch). In certain lighting "Skinny Dip" actually appears very purple! ;) I have not yet had the chance to try the Shadow Insurance or Lava Gloss matte eyeliner and will update when I do. xo

FTC: These items were paid for by myself/by my boyfriend, I am not being compensated to do this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company.

No comments:

Post a Comment