October 18, 2012

Madd Style Cosmetics: Fall Inspired Tutorial

Now that fall is finally upon us, I was feeling a bit inspired by hues of yellow and orange :) I shared this look a couple of weeks ago in the 'Madd Style Cosmetics: The Makeup Bag' FB group <3
It seemed to go over pretty well with you beautiful ladies, so I thought I would tutorial-ize (is that even a word? 'cause it is now..) it as I was originally thinking about doing! :)

First things first! Go ahead and gather your supplies - here's what I'm working with:
Top left: UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion (original) - Tick:Tock Cosmetics Infinity Eye Shadow Base in "Milky Way"
Bottom left: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in "Perversion" - Sephora Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara
Top/Middle right: MSC Pigments in UnBirthday Star, Rambozo, and Pish Posh
Bottom right: bdellium tools green bambu brushes #777 and #781

**you may also want to grab an eyeshadow that closely matches your skin tone (for blending), 
and a soft white (for highlighting). 
Personally, I use the Coastal Scents Original 88 Palette.


Before I begin, I wanted to mention that you will most likely see a lot of random mascaras being used in my tutorials (in case you were wondering, haha).. I've decided I'm not opening/purchasing any new mascara until I use up the ones that have already been opened, and also the sample sizes I've managed to accumulate somehow! ;)

Start off by applying your eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow base (all over lids and up to brow - I concentrated my base on the lid and used very little above the lid to the brow)

Using your eyeshadow brush (for reference, I'm using my bdellium tools green bambu #777) pat UnBirthday Star on the inner portion of your lid - I'd say a little more than a third, and bring that up to your natural crease/hollow. Remember, this doesn't have to be perfect by any means - you're going to be working your blending magic a bit later ;)

Using your eyeshadow brush (wipe off any UnBirthday Star that might be lingering, first!) you're going to grab Rambozo and pat a tiny bit of it over where you left off with UnBirthday Star and continue on to juuust about the end of your lid - also bringing Rambozo up to your natural crease/hollow, you can then start pulling just a touch more into UnBirthday Star in your crease.

Using the same eyeshadow brush (wiping off any Rambozo that remains, first!) you're going to pat Pish Posh on the remaining outer corner of your lid, and slightly overlapping where you left off with Rambozo. Bring Pish Posh up to the crease/hollow of your eye and pull the color in toward Rambozo and UnBirthday Star. No worries if this is a bit messy at this point - you're going to blend, blend, blend!

I used the very tip of my eyeshadow brush in a 'windshield-wiper' motion and very lightly blended UnBirthday Star and Rambozo, and then Rambozo and Pish Posh. I didn't want to go overboard, as I still wanted my colors to remain bolder/brighter (just enough to eliminate any harsh lines).
Taking your crease brush (for reference, I'm using my bdellium tools green bambu #781) you will want to go in and lightly blend out your crease. If you want to soften it up a bit more, you can grab any eyeshadow you may have on hand that is close to your skin tone and blend that into your crease as well.
Then, go ahead and grab your highlight color and very lightly sweep right underneath your brow. :)

Next go ahead and add your finishing touches - liner and mascara! Voila! ;)

1 comment: