October 16, 2012

My October Ipsy (formerly MyGlam) Bag! :)

Just received my October Ispy bag in the mail today! Their theme this month is 'Hello, Bombshell' which I think is a pretty cute play on words by including products like theBalm's What's Your Type? "the body builder" Mascara, Mirenesse Lip Bombs, and liquid eye liners from be a...bombshell cosmetics. ;)

Here's a look at what I received this month (I apologize for the annoying glare):



From left to right: 
be a...bombshell cosmetics - (liquid) eye liner in 'Onyx' (black)
theBalm Cosmetics - What's Your Type? "the body builder" Mascara sample
Couture Colour - Pequi Oil Treatment sample
Coastal Scents - Eyeshadow Sample, Set 5: Vibrant Red, Frosty Taupe, Vanilla Sky, Raisin Berry
mirenesse - Lip Bomb (Glossy Lacquer Stain) in 'Lip Bomb 4'


And now for some close-ups!:

be a...bombshell cosmetics eye liner in 'Onyx'
This one is a full size (3mL/0.1fl oz)! It retails for $14 on their website, and can be purchased here. I'm really excited to try this eyeliner because I've been practicing my 'wing' and 'cat eyeliner' lately.. and, well, you can never have too many black eyeliners ;)

theBalm Cosmetics What's Your Type? "the body builder" Mascara (black)
Deluxe sample sized (3.5mL/0.11fl oz). Full size retails for $19 (12ml/.40fl oz) and can be purchased here. If you happen to know me, you'll know how ecstatic I am about theBalm being featured once again - seriously one of my favorite cosmetics companies (which I kinda have MyGlam/Ipsy to thank for that.. hehe)! "the body builder" is designed to build body while conditioning and strengthening lashes with ingredients like Vitamin E, Panthenol, and Bamboo - also said to remain clump-free and smudge proof!

Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment
Sample sized (15mL/0.5fl oz) which retails for $12 on their website. They also carry two larger sizes - a 60mL/2fl oz spray bottle which retails for $32, or a 120mL/4fl oz spray bottle that retails at $50. They can be purchased here. Personally, I have never used an oil in my hair.. but I am definitely willing to give it a shot! It claims to make hair 6x stronger and 3x shinier/visibly smoother after just one application by nourishing, sealing split ends, stopping frizz, and boosting color. My sample came with a heat seal (as you will see on the left) and upon opening I noticed it has a cute little cap to keep it sealed/prevent leaks - very impressive! Also smells amazing - kind of a light coconut scent, not at all overpowering.

Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Sample, Set 5: Vibrant Red, Frosty Taupe, Vanilla Sky, Raisin Berry
Sample size (2g/0.07oz) with an approximate value of .99cents ea. as they are more the size of the eyeshadows that come in the larger palettes (such as the 88 palettes) and not as large as their Hot Pots which retail for $1.99ea. (also not available to purchase in this sample size).
I photographed a size comparison on the left to give you a better idea ;)

I want to add that I personally own a few Coastal Scents palettes and I absolutely love them (I use them quite frequently!). They are fantastic quality, and very well pigmented, especially for their price range - I have seen their Hot Pots compared to MAC eyeshadows and often times are close/dead on dupes! You can check out their website here.

mirenesse Lip Bomb (Glossy Lacquer Stain) in 'Lip Bomb 4'
Another full size product (3.1g/0.11oz), woo! This one retails at $35.10 (or $28.08, their 'club price) and can be purchased here. Mirenesse combines gloss, stain, and lacquer all in one, and is said to be non-smearing and long-lasting! Still not sure I would shell out $35 (or even $28) for a lippie.. but I really don't mind receiving one, hehe.


All in all, I am very happy with my Ipsy (MyGlam) bag this month! I think they have really stepped up their game and I am glad they are actually willing to listen to their subscribers. They have great sample sizes, and often offer full size products in the bags. They have even implemented a little 'quiz' so that we'll receive samples/products that are better suited to us.
Well worth the $10 (monthly) sub price tag, in my opinion :) If you are interested in signing up, you can visit the website here. I believe subscriptions are currently open for next month - and I've heard it will be even better!



FTC: This sub was paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. All photos were taken by myself in natural lighting, are unaltered aside from cropping/collaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment