January 22, 2013

Birchbox: January 2013 (box #23)

My love/hate relationship with Birchbox will live another year ;) I decided to re-subscribe for now and I am actually pretty happy with my box this month! Here's a look at what I received:

(Insert from my box)

Pictured:
DDF - Acne Control Treatment
Embryolisse - Lait-Crème Concentrè
theBalm Cosmetics - Hot Mama
Aerie - Shimmer
LA FRESH - Waterproof Makeup Remover

&now, the close-ups!:

DDF Acne Control Treatment
I received a sample size (0.5 oz). A full size (1.7 oz) retails for $44, giving my sample a 'value' of about $12.94 (0.5 oz/1.7 oz * 44 = $12.94). I think this is actually a decently sized sample that will allow for multiple uses, &I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè
I received a sample size (5ml). A full size (30ml) retails for $16, giving my sample a 'value' of about $2.67 (5ml/30ml * 16 = $2.666). This is actually a really tiny sample.. especially for being such a multi-purpose product! I had never heard of this product before Birchbox but a lot of ladies are referring to it as a 'miracle cream' so I'm excited to see what all of the fuss is about. :) This cream can apparently be used as a primer, moisturizer, and even makeup remover!

theBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama
I received a cute little sample size (1.0g). A full size (7.08g) retails for $20, giving my sample a 'value' of about $2.82 (1.0g/7.08g * 20 = $2.82). I absolutely love theBalm and actually already own a full size of this! ;) Hot Mama can be used as an eyeshadow or a blush, making it that much better. Though it looks really small, this sample will go a long way and I think this is a perfect example of a 'deluxe' sample size. I've received other samples of theBalm products through beauty subs and I really love that their packaging for samples is always on par with their full size products and are always very generous.

Here's a size comparison of the sample I received and the full size I already own, and why I think the sample is 'cute' :)

(sample size from Birchbox on the left, full size on the right)


Aerie Shimmer
Received a little sample perfume vial, no size specification which doesn't surprise me as perfume samples are typically free anyhow. A full size retails for $39.95 (1.7oz).. however it appears to no longer be available from American Eagle/Aerie.
I don't even know what to think about that, haha. At least it was nicely wrapped (like a candy/treat) and smells a lot better than I expected? (a light scent with noticeable citrus and thankfully not over-powering when it comes to the vanilla!) :P

LA FRESH Waterproof Makeup Remover
Received a single use packet (1 wipe). A full size retails for $9.99 and contains 18 of these individually wrapped packets, or for the same price you can purchase a package of 24 wipes (not individually wrapped).  My individually wrapped packet, which is actually my 'lifestyle extra', has a 'value' of about $0.56 (1packet/18packets * 9.99 = $0.555).
This will come in handy for on-the-go use &although I don't wear waterproof mascara, I am curious to see how well this will remove Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils.. because those things are stubborn! :)

If you want to join in the Birchbox madness, I won't hold you back from signing up and using my referral link here. ha ha  Thanks for reading! <3


FTC: This subscription is paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. All photos of products and swatches were taken by me in natural lighting, and are unaltered aside from cropping/collaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment