July 17, 2013

Birchbox Quick Look: July 'Power Play' Box

My box contents this month:

  • Birchbox Bobby Pins with green pattern - two matching bobby pins
  • purminerals CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 in 'light' - .3oz / 10g
  • Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in 'Purple' - 2g / 0.07oz
  • Vivant Skin Care Mandelic Acid 3-in-1 Wash - 4.5ml
  • Kerastase Chroma Thermique (Protect) - two foil packets, 10ml ea.

A decent box and variety of items this month, for sure. This definitely was not my dream box by any means - but I can't deny how insanely excited I am to have received a full sized Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (and in purple, at that!). I did, however, make the mistake of trying out the Vivant Skin Care sample.. why am I so tempted by these things? I should know by now that my skin absolutely hates anything marketed for 'treating' acne. The description states that it is a 'gentle' cleanser, but my skin felt otherwise.. it was left irritated and dry, go figure! I am looking forward to trying the CC cream - but mostly because of the sunscreen benefits. ha ha The Birchbox bobby pins are actually pretty cute and will likely come in handy. I find them difficult to use, though, as they are hard to pry open! And as for the sample packets of Kerastase.. they'll be left unused (by me, at least).

Before I go - here's a quick swatch of the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Purple:



If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox I would love it if you use my referral link by clicking here. :)
Birchbox is a beauty and 'discovery' subscription service. For $10 a month (free shipping), you will receive a selection of samples to try. Samples may range anywhere from skincare to makeup and the occasional non-beauty related extras (or 'lifestyle' extras). You may cancel your subscription at any time (unless, of course, you sign up for a yearly subscription). Birchbox awards points for reviewing the products you receive each month - each review is worth 10 points, 100 points are equal to $10 that can be used toward purchasing full-size items in the Birchbox shop!

Thank you for viewing! <3


FTC: This subscription is paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. If you choose to use my referral link, I will receive a bonus of 50 points to use on the Birchbox website. The photo was taken in natural lighting and is unaltered aside from cropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment