June 26, 2012

Madd Style Cosmetics: Summer Lovin' Grab Bag swatches!

Since I recently started blogging, I never really got around to introducing one of my favorite companies: Madd Style Cosmetics! One of the very first "indie" companies I started purchasing from, &I've been a repeat customer for almost a year now :)
There is not a single product I haven't loved, and I can honestly say that Madd Style Cosmetics owns my heart and takes up the majority of my extensive makeup obsessed collection <3
One of my favorite things about Madd Style Cosmetics (or MSC for short) is that the entire line of cosmetics is vegan and cruelty-free, but also the quality and customer service always exceed my expectations!
If you would like to find out more about MSC - you can visit the facebook page here, or go straight to the shop and look around/purchase here.

I was lucky enough to snag one of the latest limited grab bags - released June 16th, the MSC grab bag (appropriately named "Summer Lovin'") had a "Grease" theme and contained; 

  • 4 all new (and FULL size!) mineral eyeshadows; T-Birds, Greased Lightning, Beauty School Dropout, and Pink Ladies 
  • A brand new MSC Lip Balm (also FULL size - with a mango butter base, a lovely coral tint, and yummy strawberry smell) named "Frenchie" 
  • &last but not least a deluxe sample of an all new product entirely - "Cha Cha" Bronze Glow, a beautiful glowing bronze highlighter! 
  • Also in my order - a sample of mineral eyeshadow "Pop Tarte" (which is a permanent color available to purchase in the shop.)

Take a look:

Each eyeshadow comes packed in a clear 5gr jar with sifter and glossy black lid displaying the MSC logo:

Here you will see the stickers that cover the sifters (easy to peel off and no spills during shipping):

The MSC Lip Balms come packaged in basic glossy black twist up lip balm tubes (shrink wrapped):


As seen above, my samples came packaged in little sample baggies :) I did not get around to swatching the "Cha Cha" Bronze Glow (I am currently searching my stash for an empty jar to put it in as it will be easier for me to use). I did, however, put together some swatches of the eyeshadows and lippie! All swatches were photographed in natural lighting and the eyeshadows were swatched over NYX JEP in Milk - lippie is on bare skin.

(A glowing gold, perfect for summer!)

(A gorgeous vintage teal color with a hint of aqua sparkle)

(A pearl white containing 50% silver and gold glitz!!!!)

(A metallic poodle pink with felcks of silver laced throughout)

(Mango butter lip balm: a coral lip balm)

Gorgeous, right!? Unfortunately, the grab bags were limited and sold out rather quickly - but there is a new grab bag in the works for the 4th of July and a little bird told me there will also be a sale coming up so you may want to keep an eye on the MSC Facebook page! ;)


FTC: These items were paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. Descriptions of each eyeshadow/lippie (underneath swatch photos) were copied directly from the listing of the product. All photos were taken by me in natural lighting, are unaltered aside from cropping/collaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment