June 28, 2012

Newest Loves: tokidoki Arte Palettes (Vegas & Til Death Do Us Part)

I recently (finally!) purchased these lovelies at Sephora:

I've had my eye on them for a little while now - they are super cute, I couldn't resist! I had a $5 off coupon/"gift card" to spend but I couldn't choose between these two so somehow I ended up with them both ;) What's worse? I want them all, now! <3
I'm not very familiar with the tokidoki line of cosmetics (this is my first purchase) but from what I've gathered  - it is exclusive to Sephora! These little travel size "Arte Palettes" retail for $10 (however, Sephora is currently having a sale on tokidoki products - hopefully they are here to stay and are just making room for new products!).
Each palette contains four lovely eyeshadows and a blush (each eyeshadow being 0.03oz/0.9g and the blush 0.11oz/3.1g). They have a magnetic closure and a mirror on the inside which is nice for on-the-go usage.

Here is what the inside looks like, open:
(sorry about that - slightly crooked! :p)

And the back of the packaging:

Annnnddddd... I did swatches (of course!). :)  The eyeshadows are swatched over NYX JEP in Milk. Instead of sweeping them on, I patted them on - they are actually quite vibrant over a base and are far more pigmented than I originally thought they were going to be! The blush was applied on bare skin, I simply swiped it on the back of my hand twice (they are very lovely and also nicely pigmented!). These colors are not named, so I went in the order they appear in the palette (blush swatch across the bottom). 

The only issue I had with this palette is with the white in the top left corner - it is a bit chalky and messy compared to the others, not quite as pigmented. Still makes for a nice highlight and personally it doesn't bother me too much. The grey is absolutely stunning and has an array of multi-colored sparkle. The lighter purple (bottom left) reminds me quite a bit of MAC Stars 'n Rockets - I would not go as far as to say it is a dupe by any means, but they do remind me of one another! ;) The darker purple (bottom right) reminds me of the galaxy a little bit - it has quite a bit of sparkle to it (looks blue, red, purple), so even being a blackened purple it isn't too harsh! The blush is a nice subtle pink with a golden highlight.

I really like that this palette has a "softer" feel to it. The cream color in the top left corner is slightly more chalky compared to the other colors in this palette, and has just a light touch of sparkle. The pink is a lovely light girly pink with a satiny finish. The blue-grey in the lower left corner is one of my favorites - I am a sucker for grey toned colors! It has a light blue/aqua shimmer to it as well. The black has quite a bit of shimmer, appearing to be mostly golden flecks. &The blush in this palette is a bit "warmer" than the other and seems a bit more shimmery (golden) in my opinion :)



FTC: These items were paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. All photos were taken by me in natural lighting, are unaltered aside from cropping/collaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment