May 16, 2013

LORAC: GLOgetter Palette + Swatches!

I wanted to do a quick swatch post because... Well, I recently picked up this gorgeous GLOgetter Palette by LORAC. It's exclusive to ULTA and retails for only $20! It contains a total of 10 eyeshadows and has just about everything you need - from brights to neutral, with a little bit of matte, shimmer, and duochrome all rolled into one! I was so impressed by this little palette and I'm pretty sure you will be, too! ;)



















The LORAC GLOgetter palette is pretty compact - just a tiny bit smaller than my hand! It opens up to a full mirror (not shown) and the two highlighting shades are almost double the size of the other 8 eyeshadows. They are all beautifully pigmented and are so ridiculously smooth!

Unfortunately, the colors are not named. My swatch photos show the colors in order from left to right (top to bottom). All of the colors (including the highlighting shades) were swatched over Tick:Tock Cosmetics Infinity Eye Shadow Base in 'Milky Way' and photographed in natural sunlight. The highlighting shades are not as opaque (but they are buildable) and I actually think they would look quite lovely as a highlight for the face as well (top of the cheek bone/temple, length of the nose, cupids bow, etc.)!


(the mauve-ish shade has a gorgeous golden overlay,
the aqua/mint shade has a strong golden duochrome,
and the purple has a gorgeous blue duochrome!)

(these shades are similar at first glance  - 
the color on the left leans a little more pinky/peach, 
and the color to the right has quite a bit more shimmer!)

In my opinion, this palette is worth every penny and I'm actually shocked by the low price tag. I highly suggest checking this out in person! The colors are perfect for summer.. or, if you're anything like me - all 365 days of the year ;)


FTC: This item was paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. All photos were taken by me in natural lighting, &are unaltered aside from cropping/collaging!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, I've banned myself from buying more eyeshadow/palettes, but... your swatches! I want this now! Ahhhhh. lol I don't know if I should resist or just cave.

    Oh, and I found your blog through makeuptalk. Keep up the good work! :)

    casual-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just wanted to let you know I nominated you for an award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)

      &I know what you mean - I really need to cut myself off from buying any more eyeshadows, period! hehe

      Delete
  3. There really is a big selection of colors in this palette!! The price seems right, too!

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete