August 16, 2013

BeautySage Quick Look: Editor's Pick Box (August)


My box contents:

  • Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask - size not specified
  • Christopher Drummond Beauty Sateen Blush in 'Plush Pink' - size not specified
  • clariSEA Sea Salt Solutions Beachy Waves Salt Spray - 1 fl oz/30ml
  • Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap - 1 oz/28g
  • One Love Organics Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque - 15ml/0.5oz

BeautySage is a company that is a bit new to me. I've seen the company mentioned a few times here and there due to the sample boxes they offer, but had never purchased any personally (until now!). From my understanding BeautySage is the online shop for YouBeauty.com. They only sell products that are "proven to work" - and in doing so, the products they sell are chosen by the editors, chemists test the claims, and they have a product test panel in place to get honest feedback on the products. You can read more about it here.
The BeautySage sample/brand boxes are not subscription based and they tend to sell out quickly. The best part, at least for me, is that you are able to see which products are included in each box before buying (you can see any current sample boxes that are available by clicking here) - I feel like this makes it a lot easier to decide whether or not the box is right for you (and, of course, whether or not they are even samples you're interested in trying!).

I was really excited to see the August "Editor's Pick" Box (and had to have it immediately) because I had already been debating whether or not I wanted to buy and take a chance on the One Love Organics Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque. The size included in the box retails for $12, and the price of this entire sample box was only $10. I really really couldn't pass it up. ;) Aside from the scrub, I noticed a sample of my beloved Rose Hips Black Soap would be included along with a sample of a beach wave salt spray for hair (I am seriously obsessed with these lately..). It's like this box was meant for me! ha ha


I was pleasantly surprised to see that all of the samples in this box are generously sized and have more than enough product for multiple uses! To top that off, all of the sample packing is incredible - Now, this is going to sound silly, but.. I am a sucker for samples that have the same packaging as their full-size versions. They are so much easier to use, and I absolutely hate messing around with foil packets.. (cough, Birchbox, cough)..

For example, here are the items that didn't have a specified size/weight:



Unfortunately, this particular sample box is sold out.. BUT, I highly recommend checking out BeautySage and keeping an eye out for future sample boxes. ;) They have a lot of fantastic products available in their shop and are currently offering up free shipping on any order for a limited time.

Thanks for viewing! xo


FTC: This sample box was paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. The photo was taken in natural lighting and is unaltered aside from cropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment