August 20, 2013

Birchbox Quick Look: August 'Finishing School' Box



My box contents this month:

  • (MALIN + GOETZ) vitamin e face moisturizer - 2 foil packets, .04 fl oz/1.2g ea.
  • Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in 'Beso' - 0.03 fl oz/1ml
  • Whish Exfoliating Body Wash - 22ml/.75 fl oz
  • Whish Deodorant Swipe with hair inhibitor - 2.3g/.08oz
  • It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product - 59.1ml/2 fl oz

Feeling a little bit indifferent about my Birchbox.. However, I do feel like the Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in 'Beso' is the star of my box this month! I have actually been eyeing the stay all day liquid lipsticks for a while, so I had my fingers crossed & I'm really happy to have received it. I've also heard a lot of rave reviews on the It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product, so that should be fun to try. :) I highly doubt it'll be replacing my all time favorite Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle, though! I originally wasn't very excited about the Whish Exfoliating Body Wash, but after reading the description on the Birchbox website I'm feeling more optimistic that I'll be able to put it to use. Apparently the product formulation is gentle enough for use on the face, who knew!? Customer service over at Whish has confirmed this, so I'm excited to give it a shot!
As for the foil packets? I don't even want to talk about it. I loathe them and I am so over receiving them. :P

Here's a quick swatch of the star product from my box this month:

Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in 'Beso' swatched on the back of my hand (no primer, no base).
This amazing lipstick starts off as a liquid and dries down to a matte finish that doesn't budge <3


If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox I would love it if you use my referral link by clicking here. :)
Birchbox is a beauty and 'discovery' subscription service. For $10 a month (free shipping), you will receive a selection of samples to try. Samples may range anywhere from skincare to makeup and the occasional non-beauty related extras (or 'lifestyle' extras). You may cancel your subscription at any time (unless, of course, you sign up for a yearly subscription). Birchbox awards points for reviewing the products you receive each month - each review is worth 10 points, 100 points are equal to $10 that can be used toward purchasing full-size items in the Birchbox shop!

Thank you for viewing! <3


FTC: This subscription is paid for by myself/by my boyfriend. I am not being compensated to write this post, these are my honest opinions on the products and company. If you choose to use my referral link, I will receive a bonus of 50 points to use on the Birchbox website. My photos are taken in natural lighting and are unaltered aside from cropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment